- Initial intake-No charge-1 hour or less
- Divorce/Separation Mediation
- Generally, 2-3 sessions
- Each session - 2 hours
Areas to resolve for Divorce and Separation Mediation:
- Parenting: (if you have children)
- Legal custody, physical residency, weekly schedule, holidays, vacations
- Division of property: Assets and liabilities
- Support: Child and/or spousal (where applicable)
- Payment is per session. $150 per hour.
- Payment due day of session.
- Communication must be known to all parties. Emails copied to all parties involved.
- Substantially fair agreements
- Informed choices and decision making
Post-divorce issues can be mediated and parenting plans created in one to two sessions. Some issues may include education, transportation, religion and culture, family relationships and financial decisions.
Changes in children's activities, ages, etc. can raise questions about parenting time and the importance of accommodating the children in a fair way. Job changes, new marital status and living arrangements can affect the original parenting schedule as well. No matter where you are in the life of your children, or what was originally agreed upon, changes can be made amicably through mediation.
Marriage & Family Mediation Center collaborates with attorneys with over 30 years of experience in family law, probate & estate planning and real estate law. All your documentation can be prepared professionally and made ready for court filing.
Post-divorce legal counsel is also available from our attorneys in the following areas:
- Real Estate
- Probate and Estate Planning
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders